Angel
Bringing Back The Dead
I honestly, do not enjoy reading stories wherein a character dies and gets 'resurrected' or something. It's just impossible. Author's reason? Because she's a special character. My response? No duh, every character is important! If he/she's so important, don't kill her! Bringing back the dead is just plain wrong. And if the body's been in the coffin for weeks, gross. No offense to those who like this.

Too Many Grammar Mistakes
I am a grammar-perfectionist, so I don't like stories that have too much grammar mistakes. It's very hard to understand and you don't know if it really means this or that, leaving lots of questions in my messed-up brain. I know how hard it is to learn grammar and if you're really not good at it, get a beta-reader! There are lots of beta-readers out there that don't have anything to do. Including me. Don't give me the reason 'English isn't my mother language',  because it isn't mine either! I just work hard. And don't tell me that 'I'm just twelve/thirteen years old!' Well, I'm just twelve and I do not have many grammar mistakes.

Mary Sues
I admit I didn't know what a Mary Sue meant until earlier this year, but they are unacceptable!

Making OCs Main Characters
It's alright if it's just one or two, but when you put a lot of them in and make up histories about the AAO and stuff, I get confused. I use OCs too, but I don't make them a main character. I've read a few fanfics that have one or two OCs and they were good. They didn't have anything to do with the AAO (Anti Alice Organization) and they didn't steal the spotlight. Perfect. If you're a new writer, avoid using OCs and making them main characters, because, even if some enjoy it, most don't.
0 Responses

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Just a Notice

All writings, drawings, plots, and quotes mentioned here are owned by Keiko Sakura, except those containing disclaimers.

All animes mentioned in this blog are not owned by Keiko Sakura. All names in stories, save for the anime ones, have been thought of randomly and are not implying anything.