Angel
chapter Three: The Stalker

Len dropped his sword which resulted to his opponent hitting him. Blood oozed from his left cheek. His opponent suddenly got scared of what the queen will do once she finds out. Murmurs from the crowd were heard.
"He hurt the prince!"
"How dare he hurt my prince?"
"Since when did he become your prince?"
"Poor guy. He'll probably get sentenced to death."
Len wiped the blood of his face and stood up. He didn't feel the pain. He couldn't feel the pain. He felt something else, though he couldn't quite distinguish it. He began to run, unaware of his destination. As he went closer, he heard voices.
"Let go of me!"
Len recognized the voice instantly and ran faster. He saw a blonde girl held by a blue-haired guy who was apparently trying to drag her away and cover her mouth.
Rin struggled to break free from Kaito's grasp. Rin was strong, but he was stronger. There would be no other logical explanation as to how she can't break free from his grasp.
Kaito noticed the prince nearing and decided to just carry the girl. He ran as fast as he could at the same time covering the girl's mouth, perfectly aware that an outraged prince was running after him.
Len's POV
I started to run faster, the fastest that my feet could go. When I catch up with that kidnapper, I am going to punch him. Punch him hard. I didn't care about anything at that time. The fact that my face was still bleeding? I would've cared about it on a normal day, but this isn't a normal day. All I care about is catching up with that dumbass and getting Rin back.
Just a bit more…
I quickly punched the guy's face and caught Rin. Who knew a girl could be so heavy? Rin looked at me as if she didn't know I was here and I ran away carrying her on my back.
"L-Len-sama?" Rin finally said, "I-I can walk by myself."
"I'd rather not," I said, looking back at the weird guy, who was apparently getting up, "It would cost time and it looks like your friend is recovering."
Rin blushed, "H-He's not my friend!"
"Okay then," I asked, "What happened earlier?"
"I-I don't really know," she said, "He just suddenly attacked me as I was going home."
I could tell by the look of her eyes that she wasn't telling the whole truth. I fastened my pace and looked at Rin, who was slowly falling asleep. She looks so cute when she's asleep—Wait. What did I just say? Rin looked…cute?
Oh no, this can't be happening. I can't fall in love with Rin. I'm engaged, for Pete's sake! I shook my head at the thought and looked around. We were very close to the castle—one problem. Where will I put Rin? I mean, I don't know her room. We just used to talk at the kitchen and other places. Also, I can't bear to wake her. I've tried waking her before when she fell asleep and it wasn't pretty.
So I just stood there like an idiot that I am with a sleeping girl on my back. I also did not want to approach a servant and ask him/her where Rin's room is. No. Not with the mentioned girl on my back.
I walked back and forth carefully trying to not drop the blonde girl on my back.
To pass time, I made a mental list in my mind
1) Things I couldn't do (and reasons why I couldn't do them):
2) 'Wake Rin up' which would probably be the most logical thing to do if it wasn't Rin. Rin would kill me if I interrupted her beauty sleep.
3) 'Ask servants where Rin's room is' would also be a good start if Rin was a boy. Otherwise, the servant asked would get suspicious and spread rumors about…well, you-know-what. And I would not want to embarrass myself, seeing as the girl spoken about was on my back.
4) 'Bring Rin to her room' Perfect! Except that I don't know where her room is.
5) 'Leave her' No way. That pervert earlier may find her and who knows what will happen next.
6) 'Bring her to my mother' Uh-uh. She'd probably think Rin was the reason why I have this wound on my face and, oh, I don't know, send her to dungeon to rot for the rest of her life? No thank you.
Well, that was all I could think of and I found myself sitting on the ground (duh. What did you expect? The clouds?) with Rin's head on my lap. I sighed.
A few minutes later…
Rin looks so cute when she's asleep. I've never really noticed this before, but she's…beautiful. Starting from her pretty blond hair to her cute little toes (I removed her shoes because it was hot). I couldn't help but touch her lips. Her wonderful, soft pink lips.

I didn't kiss her! I just couldn't help it… She looks so vulnerable when she's asleep.
After a few more minutes of staring, I heard her groan. She slowly got up my lap and stared at me with her adorable blue eyes.
"L-Len-sama?" Rin said, "What…Where are we?"
"Near the castle," I replied.
"Where's…Kaito?" Rin asked.
"Kaito?" I asked, "Is he the guy earlier? The guy that tried to kidnap you?"
"Um…Yeah," was her answer.
"Well, he's…" I said, trying to think of a perfect word, "Taken care of."
"Oh," Rin said, getting up, "Well, um, thanks…"
"You're welcome," I answered, " I need to go now. Before mom kills the guy who bruised me."
She smiled at me and said, "Better hurry up."
I returned her smile and began to walk away. There was this new foreign feeling inside me. It makes me feel incredible happy and satisfied. I don't yearn for more. I'm contented.
I wonder what this feeling is…
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Just a Notice

All writings, drawings, plots, and quotes mentioned here are owned by Keiko Sakura, except those containing disclaimers.

All animes mentioned in this blog are not owned by Keiko Sakura. All names in stories, save for the anime ones, have been thought of randomly and are not implying anything.