Angel
This is dedicated to my wonderful friends. Hope you enjoy. (Fuuko-chan, Lunar-chan, Jolene, Angel, Elijah, and Koizumi-chan) <---In no particular order. 


"Hi. Okay, I am not going to start ranting about how you're a b*tch copying someone else's work, so you better read this.


I read your profile. I read -TOOT-'s profile. I can see a large difference between the two. I wonder why. I see you enjoy cursing, but the only place I can see you curse is in your Author's comments and your profile. 


I'm not going to judge you. I am going to let my evidence and your conscience decide.


I have never been a fan of plagiarism, but I am not accusing you of it. Yet. Because I have not seen your side. I'm  not a person who goes on, accusing people she doesn't know of acts, just because she is being accused of other people. So, here's what I have to say:


Plagiarism. It's a very complex word. I had just only learned the meaning of that word last March, four months after I joined this site. It has been described as "one of the worst" and "shows how uncool, heartless, and uncreative you are as a writer." It is also "being a copy-cat" and "being unoriginal."


I am not implying that you did that, but if you did, I am sure Guilt will be busy eating you little by little, until you are nothing anymore. But if you didn't do that, then you must have a clear conscience and needn't worry about Guilt. Once again, I am not implying anything.


NOTE: This is not only based on my opinions, but I have also asked the opinions of some other people who I am not going to mention, because you might charge at them for helping me. So if you have some complaints about my review, direct it to me, not to anyone else."
I have omitted any names from the above and replaced them with "-TOOT-." It is for the benefit of the persons and because I respect their privacy.

I sent that to someone who is being accused of plagiarizing.  As I said in that review, I was not accusing her of plagiarizing, but in case she did, I gave her a great big deal to think about. Of course, there was also the "Guilt" technique, but I don't think it will work much if she is skillful in plagiarizing. {She would be used to those kind of things and wouldn't mind about guilt anymore.}

Plagiarizing--for me--is a crime against authors. In the world of authors, it would be the same as stealing money from a bank and using that money to buy things for your benefit. Now, that is just plain wrong. I have never been fond of stealing; I have experienced the feeling of having something stolen from you and let me tell you: it does not feel good. Stealing is a very sinful act and is even included in the Ten Commandments in the Bible. Of course, not everyone's Christian, but everyone knows that Plagiarism is immature, uncreative, unoriginal, unproffessional and completely wrong to do.

I am against plagiarism. I am an author, myself and I can imagine my works being copied off and being passed off as their own--I would probably act immature, sending hate mails to that person, reporting him, reporting him again, and send hate mails over and over. The point is, no one likes their writings--the writings they spent a lot of time on--to be stolen by some random person. And the fact that they try to pass them off as their own work and back it up with some ridiculous statement is just plain pathetic.

Plagiarism is the same as saying "This was -insert person's name here-'s work, but now it's mine. Deal with it." Do you think that's right? I don't. Plagiarism is something someone should be ashamed of, not proud of. I don't know where Plagiarists find the courage to defend their copied works and even accuse the accuser. To people who do that, that is a very old trick and usually doesn't work anymore, so please refrain from doing that.

If you think your work is plagiarized, visit this site. It may cost a little, but it's worth it.

0 Responses

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Just a Notice

All writings, drawings, plots, and quotes mentioned here are owned by Keiko Sakura, except those containing disclaimers.

All animes mentioned in this blog are not owned by Keiko Sakura. All names in stories, save for the anime ones, have been thought of randomly and are not implying anything.