Angel

Chapter Two: The Engagement

It was a partly cloudy afternoon, but the sky showed no signs of rain, so Rin decided to visit her mother’s grave. Len had something to do, but promised to meet up with her later. It was the very first time Rin went there alone, but she could manage. She’d managed to get this far without breaking down and it was all thanks to the prince.

Rin’s POV

“Len-sama really is a nice person. He never gets mad at me when I make mistakes,” I said, facing my mother’s grave. “Even though he’s busy, he always finds time to talk to me.  Mother, I don’t really understand this feeling, but whenever Len-sama’s with me, I feel safe.”

There was suddenly a soft breeze and I know that wherever mother is, she’ll still continue supporting me.  
smiled. I don’t feel the endless pain I felt days ago.

I always thought that when my mother dies, I would never be healed, but I guess I thought wrong. My life 
was so simple when my mother was still here. I would just occasionally help with cleaning and stuff. Now, 
my life is much more complicated, but with Len-sama with me, I’m going to be fine…I hope.

“I need to go now,” I said, standing up, “Len-sama says he has something urgent to tell me.”

I left with a smile on my face.

Normal POV

“Rin…” Len said, looking down.

“What? Hurry up.” Rin said, getting impatient, “I have several chores to do. I also have to—“

“I’m going to be engaged soon.”

Rin looked up at Len. There was this sad look in his eyes that made Rin think he didn’t like the girl. But still, 
Rin had to support him in whatever he does. She wants him to be happy. She knows he can choose for 
himself and he has the ability to reject the offer if he didn’t want to do it.

And so, Rin smiled at him and said, “That’s great! Who’s the lucky girl??”

Len was disappointed. He didn’t want to marry the girl, but he didn’t have any valid reason to reject the 
engagement. But still, he doesn’t want to show Rin that he’s sad. He wants Rin to be happy, so he needs to 
smile too.

“Her name’s Miku, the princess of the neighboring kingdom.”

“I know her!” Rin said, “I saw her picture somewhere. I heard she’s really nice, too.”

“Yeah, she is.” Len said with less enthusiasm in his voice, “We’re childhood friends.”

“That’s great!” Rin exclaimed, “I can’t believe you’re getting married to a princess! Well, it’s not really 
surprising because you are a prince, but if it’s me, I wouldn’t have believed it. Congratulations, Len-sama!”

“Woah. Woah,” Len said, “I think you’re taking things too fast. I’m not even married yet.”

“Sorry,” Rin said, “I just can’t believe it.”

“Yeah, me too.” Len looked down suddenly

For a while, there was an awkward silence between the two of them. Both of them were afraid to talk due 
to different reasons. Rin didn’t want the hurt to increase. The moment Len said ‘I’ and ‘engaged’, she 
suddenly felt an unexplainable hurt in her heart. Len couldn’t find anything left to say. He was afraid to face 
the truth. He didn’t want to face the truth.

As the days went by, Len and Rin grew more distant. Len had stopped visiting Sachiko’s grave with her. Rin 
would often hurry on to do different chores when he approached. They didn’t understand why, but they both 
needed some time alone.

One day, while Rin was buying some things the castle needs, she bumped into a blue-haired guy.

“Sorry.” Kaito said as he helped the blonde girl up, “I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.”

“It’s…Okay...” Rin said, as she collected the fruits she dropped due to the fall. Kaito helped her.

“I’m Kaito, by the way.”
“I’m Rin.” Rin said, awkwardly.

“Hmm…” Kaito said, rubbing his chin, “I know practically everyone here, but I’ve never seen you before.”

“Oh, well. There must be a really logical explanation to that,” Rin said, obviously hurrying.

“And what may that logical explanation be, Rin-chan?” Kaito asked. Rin flinched at the honorific. Only her 
mother calls her that.

“Just Rin. Please,” Rin immediately said.

“Why?”

“Why do you need to know?”

“Because I’ve got nothing else to do—Hey, you come from the castle, don’t you? “Kaito suddenly asked.

“Yes, why do you need to know?” Rin asked, rudely.

“Just curious,” Kaito said and winked at her.

“Don’t you dare stalk me,” Rin warned. According to Kaito, she’s so cute!

“Why would I do such a thing?” Kaito asked in a teasing matter.

Rin growled at him before proceeding back to the castle.

‘Interesting’ Kaito thought.

As Rin walked back to the castle, she suddenly felt like someone was following her. After a few more 
minutes, she knew there was somebody there.

“Who are you and why are you following me?” she demanded. Of course, if it was any other girl, they would 
have run away by now, but Rin was Rin, and that’s how she responds when somebody follows her.

Suddenly hands covered her eyes and mouth and she felt dizzy…

I think I forgot to put this here before, so here it is! I was sick when I made this, so it may not be very good.
0 Responses

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Just a Notice

All writings, drawings, plots, and quotes mentioned here are owned by Keiko Sakura, except those containing disclaimers.

All animes mentioned in this blog are not owned by Keiko Sakura. All names in stories, save for the anime ones, have been thought of randomly and are not implying anything.