Angel

Here's Chapter Six. :) It's been a long time.

Rin’s POV
“What? You’re going away?”

A wave of emotions splashed away the hope inside of me. I looked at Len. I already lost one important person; I didn’t need to lose another one. Len was a very special person to me. He had lifted me up when I was in my lowest—I couldn’t bear seeing him walk away.

“Yes,” He looked down, so I couldn’t see his face. “My mother…My mother wanted to come visit Miku’s country…and it’s pretty far—“

“When will you come back?” I asked, not minding the roll of emotions that are probably already showing on my face.

Len raised his head and looked at me. There was a spark of emotion in his eyes, but I couldn’t read it; it 
passed by so fast.

“I don’t know.” He answered, looking back down. His hands were balled into fists as if he was stopping any 
kind of emotion to show.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry in his arms and feel his breaths. Like what happens in mangas. But I guess 
my life isn’t a manga, and it will never be. This is reality and reality was never easy for me. I guess Life must 
be laughing at me right now, laughing at my weakness.

I hate being weak. Being weak makes you lose the people special to you. I want to be strong. I want to 
protect everyone I love and never lose them.

But unfortunately, I was born weak and I guess I won’t be able to change that fact.

“Will… Will I ever see you again…?” I asked, nearly crying.

He bit his lip as if he knew this was coming, but was still surprised. He didn’t talk for a while. He closed his 
eyes and opened it a second later.

“I don’t know,” He said, as if he had been hiding in Fantasy all along and just met Reality.

I don’t know what he’s thinking. He wouldn’t look at me. I guess it hurts for him too, but not as much as it 
hurts me. After all, I am just a friend to him. But to me, he’s not just a friend, but, the one my heart chose.

“I-I’m sorry.” He said, his gaze still fixated on the ground.

It wasn’t his fault. It never was. Len never did anything wrong. He shouldn’t be apologizing right now. I 
wanted to tell him that, but my voice won’t come out. I don’t know if it’s because of the sadness or 
something else.

I’m so confused right now. I don’t even know what I’m feeling. I don’t even know what I should be feeling.

All I knew was that I started running. I didn’t know where, I didn’t know why, but I just did. I wanted to be 
out of Len’s sight before I start bawling my eyes out.

I’m sorry, Len. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to say goodbye. I’m sorry I’m such a coward that I can’t tell you my 
feelings. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to make you happy this time.

Len’s POV

She ran away. I guess I kind of deserved that. After all, I left her with such a simple reason. I don’t know if 
she even believes me. Maybe she’s abandoned all the trust she had put on me.

I don’t blame her if she hates me now. Her feelings are justified, while mine are not.

It’s not fair for her. I guess I hurt her a lot, judging from the face she wore before she left. She looked 
absolutely depressed. I had to contain myself from immediately hugging her and telling her comforting things, 
like she did to me for the last few weeks.

I’m such a weakling. I don’t know why, though. My mother definitely isn’t one and I guess my father isn’t 
one too, for mother would never marry a weakling.

I’m such a terrible person. I bring sadness to everyone around me. Everyone special to me always ends up 
either dead or miserable.

I didn’t want that to happen to Rin, because, after all, she was the only one who had ever let me feel that 
way. But it did happen. Maybe it’s my destiny. Maybe I was just meant to hurt everyone around me, even 
when I don’t mean it.

I don’t know what to do. I want to make her feel happy. I want to see her smile and happy again. I can’t 
stand seeing her this sad.

I found myself in front of my mother’s room before I knew it. Maybe my legs had their own brains and could 
sense my feelings, so they started walking here without me knowing it.

What the heck, Len. What are you thinking? Are you going crazy? I guess I already am.

I knocked on the mahogany door of my mother’s room and heard some soft footsteps. I guess she was 
sleeping.

“Name.” Came her voice from the inside of the room.

“It’s me, mother. It’s Len.” I answered, wondering what I should say.

She opened the door and let me in. She looks like she’s in a cranky mood. Maybe this isn’t the time to tell 
her my decision. Maybe I-I should wait until a few days later…

Stop being a coward, Len.

Wh-What? Who said that?

It’s me, duh! Your conscience.

What? I have a conscience?

Everyone does dumbo. Now let’s get straight to the point.

Uh…okay..?

Tell your mother that you don’t love Miku and to cancel the engagement and you and Rin can run 
away together and everyone lives happily ever after. And I won’t hear your miserable thoughts 
anymore.

What? I think I’m starting to lose my mind completely. I am talking to an imaginary voice in my head.

You are not going crazy. Get it? Now go and tell your mother—

“What do you want to talk about?”

I fidgeted nervously, contemplating if I should tell her or not. Or maybe I can make an excuse to pee or 
something, so I can think things over. And besides, I really need to pee right now.

“I don’t have all day, Len.” My mother insisted, rather impatiently. “I have a lot of things to do.”

“Uh, y-yes. You do.” I answered. “So I shouldn’t be disturbing you right now. Tell you what. I’m just going 
to leave right now—“

Mother raised an annoyed eyebrow at me. I gulped and prepared myself for the worst.

---

“It’s so unfair. It’s very, very, very, very, unfair! I can’t believe this is happening. It’s the worst thing that has 
happened to me!”

Hatsune Miku continued on complaining to her only friend, Mr. FluffyBear. She had been grounded for a 
whole month and doesn’t appear to be very happy about it.

She stomped her left foot and said, “And what did I do to deserve this kind of treatment? I rode a horse. I 
just rode a horse, Mr. FluffyBear! How could they do this to me!? It’s cruel, I tell you! Cruel!”

She sat on her bed and continued in her rants. Apparently, she rode a horse to the next town and back 
again. She had been gone for four hours and her parents were terribly worried. Thus, she was grounded.

“I wish Rin was here…” Miku said. “She would know how to cheer me up…”

Miku stood up, not wanting to be swallowed by her sadness. She peeked through her bedroom door and 
when she was certain that no one was there, she quickly tip-toed toward the kitchen, where her ticket out of 
the castle waits. Yeah, she’d be grounded again when her parents find out, but it would be simply boring 
just sitting in her room. And besides, Mr. FluffyBear is probably tired of hearing her complaints.

‘I’m going to go someplace far away.’ She decided. ‘Somewhere my parents can never find me and 
where I can stay forever and ever!’

Miku smiled at her thought and finally succeeded getting out of the castle, without anyone noticing her.

I bet I’d meet a prince there too. Someone who would give all his time for me, would never leave my 
side and would love me forever and ever!’   


0 Responses

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Just a Notice

All writings, drawings, plots, and quotes mentioned here are owned by Keiko Sakura, except those containing disclaimers.

All animes mentioned in this blog are not owned by Keiko Sakura. All names in stories, save for the anime ones, have been thought of randomly and are not implying anything.