Angel



I was so close to the prize. So close, that if only I reached out, I would be able to grasp it. She was almost in my hands, but I had to be such a coward to withdraw my hand... I kept telling myself that there was 'another chance.' If only I knew then what I knew now.

I saw it in her eyes. She likes me--Oh, wait. She liked me. I can't believe I passed up all those wonderful opportunities. Opportunity knocked at my door everyday, and I refused to open it.

Everyone knew I liked her. They supported me, of course. Natsume did, too, but I knew he was just forcing himself to; he loved her, after all. I'm not sure if passing up all those opportunities was good or not. If I hadn't done that, I would be happy; Natsume wouldn't. But right now, I'm the one's whose not happy.

I keep telling myself that I did the right thing; keep telling myself that Natsume deserves her love more. He has, after all, never felt this way toward someone. And he had undergone a lot too.

Natsume was my bestfriend. I helped him undergo every obstacle in his way, even when he tried to push me away. I had to help him; he had helped me a lot of times. So I sticked to him, and he eventually got used to it. I was the only one who stuck with him.

But that all changed when Mikan came. Mikan became the light in his darkness. She lifted up his spirit and made him have a reason to live. I knew that, yet I couldn't let go of my selfish desires. I liked her; I loved her, even. Both of us decided to be rivals, but still friends.

I guess it was obvious. it was obvious that he would get it all. He was the protagonist. I was only his best friend. I knew it, but why does it hurt so much?




"Maybe Fate decided you wouldn't fit together."

I directed my eyes to the amethyst-eyed girl in front of me and shook off my daziness. I almost forgot she was there. I was too busy ranting about my stupid feelings.

I smiled weakly at her. "I lost the mood to talk about it anymore."

Hotaru rolled her eyes and turned off her camera and muttered, "Just when it was getting good..."

I laughed and started eating my ice cream. I was glad she agreed to listen to my rants, even if she's probably doing it only for money...

My eyes directed at her. From a cold, mean ten-your old little girl, she has transformed into... a, well, cold, mean, mature woman. She ate while watching the video she just recorded, appearing satisfied. I smiled. She was still the same as always. She loved taking pictures and videos of me and selling them to my oh-so-faithful fans.

"Hotaru, why don't you have a boyfriend?" I suddenly asked.

She looked up and stared at me.

"Do you like someone?" I continued. She knew a lot about me; maybe more than I know, but I barely know her.

"I came here to listen. Not to talk," She said. I smiled. Maybe she did care about me a little, after all.

"Talking is 500 rts," she added, smirking. My smile disappeared.

And I thought she actually cared. Oh well. Hotaru will be Hotaru...

"Are you done?" She asked, obviously getting impatient. Did she talk to me just for the 750 rts. I gave her? I wanted to think otherwise.

"Yeah, but..."

She looked at me. "But? Faster, Nogi. I don't have all day."

"A-Are you busy? If you are, nevermind." I managed to blurt out.

She looked suspicious. "Why?"

"Uh, Um..." I didn't know either, so I couldn't think of anything. "Do you...Do you want me to buy you crabs?"

She picked up her things and muttered something like 'idiotic' and left.

I suck.
0 Responses

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Just a Notice

All writings, drawings, plots, and quotes mentioned here are owned by Keiko Sakura, except those containing disclaimers.

All animes mentioned in this blog are not owned by Keiko Sakura. All names in stories, save for the anime ones, have been thought of randomly and are not implying anything.